Outdoor recreation can be beneficial for your health but must be practiced safely and in accordance with all county, state, and federal guidelines. Please see the information below for ways to get outside! We have also included virtual opportunities for exercise, mindfulness, and tours of museums and national parks (all free!).
Please visit the National Parks, US Forest Service, CA Parks and Recreation and Orange County Parks websites for up to date information.
- Orange County Beaches (reopening with regulations and guidelines)
- County-operated beaches are open for non-stationary activities like walking, running, swimming, surfing, paddling, boating, kayaking, etc.
- Please be sure to review non-permitted activities and beach hours as well as other important updates from the County here.
- Orange County Regional and Wilderness Parks
- Please visit OC Parks for a list of parks that have reopened with regulations, including family/individual campsites. Please visit OC Parks to ensure you are following all protocols and policies.
- National Parks and National Forests (reopening with regulations and guidelines)
- Joshua Tree National Park: park entrances, roads, parking lots trails, individual sites have reopened, including most bathroom facilities.
- Visitor Centers and Group Campsites remain closed
- Please visit here for updated information and announcements.
- San Bernardino National Forest: many campgrounds in the San Bernardino mountains will reopen beginning May 22nd 2020 with specific regulations including social distancing requirements.
Virtual Tour Opportunities
There are also a plethora of virtual tours of nature available online that we encourage you to check out!
Other Great Resources