Clubs are welcome to host activities and events on and off campus that are aligned with their club mission and goals. Whether an event is on or off campus, club advisors are required to complete the ASIVC Activity/Event Registration form and submit to the Offices of Student Life and Student Equity. Should a club elect to host an event off-campus, the FS 55: Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability, and Medical Treatment Authorization form is required for each participant (please see the travel section in this guide for more information).
Regardless of the event/activity location, the club advisor must be present. The only exception is for Club Day. Though club advisors are highly encouraged to participate in Club Day, their attendance is not required, as the Director of the Offices of Student Life and Student Equity is the designated ASIVC advisor for this event.
Events may take place during vacation periods with the attendance of the advisor if they are registered with the Office of Student Life. Any student organizing or taking part in an event that is not registered or supervised during a vacation period is subject to disciplinary action.
Requesting Facilities Support for On-Campus Events or Activities
Will you need setup? This includes tables, chairs, canopies, trash cans, etc. If so, please follow the steps below.
- Complete the Facilities Use Application Request Form. IVC/district employees are responsible for filling out the Facilities Use Application Request Form and getting the appropriate signatures.
- For club events related to an academic curriculum, the academic dean is responsible for signing off in the "Dean/Administrator" field. Otherwise, the Director of the Offices of Student Life and Student Equity can sign off on this line.
- Once completed, the club advisor should route the form to IVC Facilities and Maintenance via email (email@example.com) or by interdepartmental mail Attn: Master Calendar. A copy needs to be sent to the Offices of Student Life and Student Equity.
Please note that facilities requests are on a first-come, first-served basis; club advisors are highly encouraged to submit these requests well in advance and to follow-up with Facilities and Maintenance.
The guest speaker process applies to both clubs and co-curricular programs that wish to bring speakers onto the IVC campus in accordance with BP 3905: College Speakers.
- Advisor must complete the Speaker Form with appropriate dean sign-off.
Note: Any guest speakers invited in our current online teaching mode due to COVID-19 we still need the speaker form.
- If there is payment , it follows the same process and adds the president
- Submit the completed form to the Office of Student Life.
- If the speaker will not be receiving an honorarium:
- Our school offices require Office of Student Life signature and Vice President of Student Services signature and the form will stay in the Vice President of Student Services office files.
- If the speaker will be receiving an honorarium:
- Our school offices require Office of Student Life signature, Vice President of Student Services, and President offices signature and then goes to Board of Trustees for Approval.
- Create a Guest Speaker agreement in Jaegger to pay the person for the honorarium.
Note: All guest speakers requiring payment must be fully board approved before they begin work (give their presentation). Therefore, the club will need to make sure the Guest Speaker Form and the Jaegger contract are completely done and put on the board meeting for their approval before a speaker arrives to the presentation.
Fundraising for Student Organizations Process
Fundraising is a great way for student organizations to raise money around a specific cause or purpose, however there are important guidelines that must be followed. Below, we have included a list of steps that must be taken in order for a club to begin fundraising. Please note that all of the steps must be completed by September 24, 2021. There are Student Life, College, and District protocols that must be adhered to so please plan accordingly and submit documentation as soon as possible.
- The student organization is responsible for submitting the Club Activity/Event Registration Form by September 24, 2021.
- Form(s) are available online: http://clubs.ivc.edu/icc/Pages/forms.aspx
- Once the document is filled out, the Office of Student Life will route to VPSS and College President for approval.
Along with the Activities Form, please submit to the Office of Student Life the following (please include all of this information in a single document in PDF format):
- A description of your club charter/mission as written in your club by-laws
- A description of how your fundraiser meets the purposes established within the club charter
- A description of how your fundraiser will be marketed/promoted to the campus community
- Provide a detailed breakdown of costs, expenses, and projected revenue
- Describe how funds will be accounted for (who will collect them)
- Once the Activities Form is filled out along with your one page document, your club will need to request from ASIVC and ICC to be included in the agenda to receive approval.
- Club will submit a written request to ASIVC President to be included in the ASIVC agenda.
- Club will submit a written request to the Inter-Club Council Chair to be included in the Inter-Club Council (ICC) agenda.
- One officer will need to be present at the meeting to provide an overview of the fundraiser and answer any questions.
- After approvals from all designees are received the club will be notified via email of their fundraiser event status.
Additional steps to be taken by OSL:
- Was this activity part of the budget that was presented to the Board?
- What does the ASIVC bylaws and procedures manual say about club activities?
- Has the fundraiser been approved by the appropriate college officials?
- Has the fundraiser been approved by the ASIVC, if required by their by-laws and procedures manual?
- Approval by ASIVC and ICC, Activities form submitted and approved by the office of student life.