Clubs are welcome to host activities and events on and off campus that are aligned with their club mission and goals. Whether an event is on or off campus, club advisors are required to complete the ASIVC Activity/Event Registration form and submit to the Offices of Student Life and Student Equity. Should a club elect to host an event off-campus, the FS 55: Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability, and Medical Treatment Authorization form is required for each participant (please see the travel section in this guide for more information).
Regardless of the event/activity location, the club advisor must be present. The only exception is for Club Day. Though club advisors are highly encouraged to participate in Club Day, their attendance is not required, as the Director of the Offices of Student Life and Student Equity is the designated ASIVC advisor for this event.
Events may take place during vacation periods with the attendance of the advisor if they are registered with the Office of Student Life. Any student organizing or taking part in an event that is not registered or supervised during a vacation period is subject to disciplinary action.
Requesting Facilities Support for On-Campus Events or Activities
Will you need setup? This includes tables, chairs, canopies, trash cans, etc. If so, please follow the steps below.
- Complete the Facilities Use Application Request Form. IVC/district employees are responsible for filling out the Facilities Use Application Request Form and getting the appropriate signatures.
- For club events related to an academic curriculum, the academic dean is responsible for signing off in the "Dean/Administrator" field. Otherwise, the Director of the Offices of Student Life and Student Equity can sign off on this line.
- Once completed, the club advisor should route the form to IVC Facilities and Maintenance via email (email@example.com) or by interdepartmental mail Attn: Master Calendar. A copy needs to be sent to the Offices of Student Life and Student Equity.
Please note that facilities requests are on a first-come, first-served basis; club advisors are highly encouraged to submit these requests well in advance and to follow-up with Facilities and Maintenance.
The guest speaker process applies to both clubs and co-curricular programs that wish to bring speakers onto the IVC campus in accordance with AR 6140: College Speakers.
- Advisor must complete the Speaker Form with appropriate dean sign-off.
- Submit the completed form to the Office of the President.
- If the speaker will not be receiving an honorarium:
- Submit a completed Volunteer Hold Harmless and Release of Liability Agreement to the Office of the President.
Once the college president signs this form, submit it to district Human Resources.
- If the speaker will be receiving an honorarium:
- Speaker must complete and sign the Guest Lecturer-Artist Service Agreement and an IRS W-9 form.
- Create the Supplier in Workday.
- Initiate Contract Tracking process through InsideIVC and attach the vendor-signed contract.
Create a Supplier Contract in Workday once the fully signed contract is received from District.
Speakers receiving an honorarium must be board-approved prior to services rendered.