How to Start a Club/Co-Curricular Program
Steps to Start a Club
- Fill out the online Club Renewal and Registration form
- Find an advisor for the club.
- Obtain approval of the club by the ICC and the Director of the Offices of Student Life and Student Equity (ASIVC advisor).
- Submit a written constitution for the club to ASIVC for documentation, review, and approval.
- Review the ASIVC constitution and bylaws and the codes and standards for clubs and organizations to ensure adherence to club guidelines.
Establishing a Co-Curricular Program
Per the ASIVC constitution and bylaws, co-curricular programs are those the college recognizes as official programs. This includes: Administration of Justice; Athletics; Forensics; Journalism; Music; Psychology; and any other new program which the Academic Senate deems to be an official program by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote, and the college recognizes as official (through the Office of Instruction). Co-curricular programs have a tie to instruction and must be of a competitive nature in their area of instruction. Competitions, which do not include inter-murals, must be officially recognized and compete with other officially recognized schools on IVC’s behalf. Enrollment in a course related to the program is required.
Reference: ASIVC constitution and bylaws